BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North
888 E Dublin-Granville Road, Columbus, OH 43229-2416
Phone: 614/888-8230 | Fax: 614/888-8223 | 180 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Stay at this Columbus hotel conveniently located ten miles north of downtown Columbus.
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North is ideally located off Interstate 71 with easy access to Ohio State University, Nationwide Arena and OSU Stadium. Hotel guests will appreciate the variety of nearby dining and shopping options at the Polaris Fashion Place Mall. The popular Easton Towne Center, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium are also near the hotel.
Each spacious and well-appointed room features cable television, microwave, refrigerator and coffee/tea maker. For added convenience and comfort, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North features an indoor Olympic-sized pool and sports club, outdoor pool, restaurant, lounge and conference facilities accommodating over 300 guests.
Whether traveling for business or pleasure, a friendly staff is ready to ensure a comfortable and memorable stay in Columbus. Make an online reservation today at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Restaurant on-site
- Indoor pool, heated Jr. Olympic size
- Outdoor pool seasonal
- Fully equipped sports club
- 24-hour front desk
- Cocktail lounge
- Safe deposit box
- Guest laundry each machine is $1.00
- Truck/RV parking
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities 5 separate rooms available
- Banquet facilities 5 separate rooms available
- High-speed Internet access
- Interior corridor
- Steam room steam room / sauna in sports club
- Hot tub, in sports club
- Exercise facility Open from 5:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. cybex equipment, free weights, sauna, hot tub, elliptical, and treadmills
- Weight lifting equipment
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper
- Sports trainer
- Stationary bike
- Locker room
- Laundromat $1.00 per load / washer and dryer
- Late check out upon request
- Game room video games
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., free
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Conference facilities 5 separate rooms available
- Ballroom 1 large rooms holds up to 250 people banquet style
- Jogging track
- Hearing impaired services TDD phone system for in room
- Physically challenged facilities some rooms have grab bars, roll in showers
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible handicap accessible only elevator
- Discounted price on hot breafkast for hotel guests, nominal fee
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus columbus north in Columbus.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North
Conveniently located, the best western plus columbus north in Columbus, Ohio is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 40.088315 / Latitude: -82.995605
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Cleveland. Take Interstate 71 South to Exit 117(SR 161). Turn right off the exit and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North is two blocks on the right.
From: Cincinnati. Take Interstate 71 North to Exit 117(SR 161). Turn left off the exit and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North is two blocks on the right.
From: Cambridge. Take Interstate 70 West to Interstate 71 North to Exit 117 (SR 161). Turn left off the exit and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North is two blocks on the right.
From: Dayton. Take Interstate 70 East to Interstate 71 North to Exit 117 (SR 161). Turn left off the exit and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North is two blocks on the right.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The perfect pit stop for soccer fans, the Columbus Crew Stadium is home to Major League Soccer’s Columbus Crew – a pride of Columbus and central Ohio. Seating more than 20,000 soccer fans, the Columbus Crew Stadium is known as the first soccer specific stadium in the country.
First opened in 1999, the stadium encompasses a 115 by 75-yard field – a perfect spot for not only soccer, but also concerts and the Ohio State Fair. When looking for accommodations near Columbus Crew Stadium, Ohio visitors are encouraged to try a Best Western hotel in Columbus.
First established in 1878, the Columbus Museum of Art is a major fixture of downtown Columbus, and even central Ohio. Closed on Mondays, the Columbus Museum of Art features artwork by familiar names like Picasso, Degas, Mary Cassatt and Norman Rockwell – even some Dale Chihuly's glass sculptures made recognizable by the Franklin Park Conservatory.
Kids enjoy the Eye Spy: Adventures in Art – and interactive and educational exhibit – while hungry ones may visit the Palette Express in the Broad Street lobby. Take advantage of cell phone and group tours – while the bold may try an Experimental Tour – and finish your day at the Columbus Museum of Art with a stay at a Best Western hotel in Columbus.
An adventure on 580 acres, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is home to more than 9,000 animals and spread across nearly 800 species. Set just north of Columbus in central Ohio, the Columbus Zoo features exhibits like African Savanna, plus the 18-hole Safari Golf Course, the Zoombezi Bay waterpark, and Discovery Reef, the 100,000-gallon salt-water aquarium the west side of the zoo.
Open since 1905, the Columbus Zoo also features Wild Encounter tours, Wildlights tours, and even Jack Hanna's Jungle – home to the famed animal guests from well-known talk shows. This legendary zoo takes a full day or two to explore, so rest those feet at a Best Western hotel in Columbus.
Named the #1 Science Center For Families in the U.S. by Parents Magazine, the Center of Science and Industry is located on the bank of the Scioto River in downtown Columbus, Ohio. Known affectionately as COSI, the Center features over 300 interactive exhibits in areas following themes such as Energy, the Ocean, Space, and Gadgets.
Families traveling with young children can let them loose in the Little Kidspace, while visitors of all ages get a thrill from exhibits like the outdoor Big Science Park, as well as Lily Pad. COSI’s ample exhibition space makes it an ideal host for traveling exhibitions – past favorites have included “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition” and “Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination”.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the Franklin Park Conservatory has been a staple of Columbus and central Ohio since it was built in 1895. Open daily, the Franklin Park Conservatory features horticulture exhibits, over 400 plant species, and artwork throughout the conservatory by the famed Dale Chihuly.
Pay a visit to the Palm House – enclosing more than 40 palm species – or stroll though a chunk of the 90-acre park and botanical garden surrounding the conservatory. Head into the Franklin Conservatory any day at 10 a.m., enjoy lunch at the Garden Café, and check into a cozy Best Western hotel in Columbus.
With a maximum seating capacity for 21,000 people, Nationwide Arena is located in downtown Columbus, Ohio. Owned by the Franklin County Convention Facilities Authority and operated by Columbus Arena Management, the facility serves as the home of the NHL Columbus Blue Jackets.
Apart from NHL games, the arena hosts youth hockey games and open skating sessions in its smaller ice rink, the OhioHealth IceHaus. The facility’s ample seating makes it the go-to venue for big-name concerts. Past headliners have included Kanye West, Justin Timberlake, and Elton John.
Called “the finest museum in America devoted to pre-European history” by the Smithsonian Guide to Historic America, the Ohio History Center is located in Columbus, Ohio. The Center serves as the headquarters of the Ohio Historical Society, whose goal is to interpret, preserve, and provide knowledge about the history and prehistory of Ohio.
Ohio Village is a reconstructed Civil War-era town, which serves as a living history museum and hosts special events throughout the year. Other popular permanent installations include the Nature of Ohio, featuring the skeleton of the mighty Conway Mastodon.
One of the largest state fairs in the country, the Ohio State Fair takes place each year at the Ohio Expo Center in Columbus, Ohio. Each year’s fair is full of staples like a giant ferris wheel and a midway full of food and games, and past special attractions have included Ohio Farm Bureau Land & Living Exhibit as well as Sea Lion Splash.
True to state fair form, the Ohio State Fair hosts livestock competitions, as well as other contests such as the 4-H Spelling Bee and the Homebrewed Beer competition. State fair fun always means big-name concerts, and past Ohio State Fair headliners have included Martina McBride and REO Speedwagon.
Established in 1870, Ohio State University has the third largest university campus in country, taking up nearly 18,000 acres of Columbus in central Ohio. A popular public research university, this Ohio university plays host to over 60,000 enrolled students.
Home to the Ohio State Buckeyes, OSU encourages visitors to check out a game at Ohio Stadium – found on the National Register of Historic Places – and take advantage of campus group tours or self-guided walking tours. Bring your new OSU gear back to a Best Western hotel in Columbus, and rest up for another day exploring Ohio State University.
Ohio’s second busiest airport, Port Columbus International Airport (CMH) serves the city of Columbus and other communities in central Ohio. A public airport, CMH is operated by the Columbus Regional Airport Authority.
Covering 2,185 acres, CMH features three airport terminals, 44 gates, and two runways. Central Ohio’s largest passenger airport, CHM offers service through major airlines like American, Frontier, Delta, Southwest, United, and US Airways.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 5.00 mile(s) from Magic Mountain, Polaris
- 6.00 mile(s) from Crew Stadium, home of the Columbus Crew
- 6.00 mile(s) from Ohio State Fairgrounds
- 7.00 mile(s) from the Chiller at Easton, ice rink
- 8.00 mile(s) from Columbus Zoo
- 10.00 mile(s) from Game Works
- 10.00 mile(s) from downtown Columbus
- 11.00 mile(s) from Zoombezi Bay, waterpark next to Columbus Zoo
- 11.00 mile(s) from Columbus Convention Center
- 11.00 mile(s) from the Santa Maria, authentic museum, quality replica
- 11.00 mile(s) from Olentangy Indian Caverns
- 13.00 mile(s) from Cooper Stadium, home of the Columbus Clippers
- 14.00 mile(s) from Chiller at Dublin, ice rink
- 17.00 mile(s) from Beulah Park
- 19.00 mile(s) from Scioto Downs
- 20.00 mile(s) from Magic Mountain Family Fun
- 20.00 mile(s) from Rickenbacker Air Force Base
- 79.00 mile(s) from Longaberger Basket Factory
- 83.00 mile(s) from the Wilds, North America's largest endangered species animal preserve
- 4.00 mile(s) from Polaris Fashion Place Mall
- 10.00 mile(s) from Easton Towne Center
- 12.00 mile(s) from Tuttle Crossing Mall
- 17.00 mile(s) from City Center Mall
- 20.00 mile(s) from Eastland Mall
- 20.00 mile(s) from JC Penny's Outlet Mall
- 52.00 mile(s) from Outlet Malls in Jefferson
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 1.00 mile(s) from Worthington
- 10.00 mile(s) from downtown Columbus
- 12.00 mile(s) from Dublin
- 12.00 mile(s) from Gahanna
- 13.00 mile(s) from New Albany
- 15.00 mile(s) from White Hall
- 16.00 mile(s) from Reynoldsburg
- 18.00 mile(s) from Hilliard
- 20.00 mile(s) from Pickerington
- 8.00 mile(s) from Ohio State University, located approximately 15 minutes away
- 9 mile(s) from Columbus State College, local college
- 11 mile(s) from Ohio Dominican University, local university
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 4.00 mile(s) from Minerva Lake Golf Course
- 4.00 mile(s) from Brookside Country Club
- 10.00 mile(s) from Nationwide Arena
- 6.00 mile(s) from Champions of Columbus Golf Course
- 9.00 mile(s) from Schottenstein's Arena, concerts, basket ball tournaments and more
- 11.00 mile(s) from Wedgewood Country Club
- 15.00 mile(s) from Muirfield Golf Course, home of the Memorial Tournament
- Thai Lagoon, on premises, full service, Thai, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Monday - not open. Tues,Wed,Thurs - serving regular ala carte menu. Fri,Sat,Sun - serving buffet breakfast for a nominal fee of $4.99. Prices vary for the ala carte selection. Thai Lagoon serves original Thai cuisines.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Bob Evans®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Waffle House®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. 24-hour
- 0.50 mile(s) from Otani, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner. Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Red Lobster®, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Columbus. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2014 Ohio Dance Festival and Conference
Dance Matters: Connections and Collaborations brings dancers to the BalletMet Columbus from all over the state for this conference all about dancing and the alliances formed through its practice.
Columbus Spring Avant-garde Art and Craft Show
More than 100 artists and craftsmen selling original handmade pieces at the Parish Hall at St. Agatha Church in Columbus. Things get started at 10 a.m.
Rock on the Range Join in on the fun of one of the country's largest rock festivals at Crew Stadium. Event times vary.
Buckeye Classic Come on out to the Cardinal Shooting Center for this trap shooting tournament. Event times vary.
Grove City Wine and Arts Festival Grove City center fills with people celebrating the day with wine, art, and local cuisine. The fun begins at 11 a.m.
Creekside Blues & Jazz Festival Five stages full of entertainment fill the Creekside Plaza with music. Event times vary.
Mechanics Bank Vintage Grand Prix of Mid-Ohio Vintage cars converge on the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course for this fun event full of beautiful cars. Lap starts vary.
Dean Martin Festival Head to Downtown Steubenville for this festival all about Dean Martin. There is a karaoke contest, concerts, tributes galore, and food. Times and venues vary per event.
Holy Trinity Greek Festival The Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox hosts this event full of food, laughter, entertainment, and fun for the whole family. It is open for 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. each day.
Ohio Valley Frontier Days Plan a stop at the Historic Fort Steuben for this family fun event. Learn history the fun way through demonstrations, activities, and games. Events begin at 10 a.m.
Ohio State Fair Art exhibits, sporting competitions, horse shows, music, food, games, and rides fill the Ohio Expo Center for this fun event. The fair opens at 9 a.m. each day.
AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days Plan a stop at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course for this huge motorcycle event. There will be auctions, stunts, races, and show featuring everything motorcycle. Event times vary.
Buckeye Superbike Weekend
Enjoy fireworks, stunt shows, and autograph sessions between races around the 2.4-mile track at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Event times vary.
Red Bird Elite Challenge This event is for the young kiddos learning to trap shoot. Bring them on out the Cardinal Shooting Center for this game fair. Event times vary.
Beast of the East Baseball Tournament Baseball games take place all over Ohio during this event. Come on out and cheer on the athletes. Game times vary.
Good Guy PPG The Ohio Expo Center fills with over 6,000 hot rods, classics, muscle cars, and trucks for this high energy event. Doors open at 8 a.m. each day.
Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course hosts, for the 30th time, an Indy Car race. Come on out and enjoy the festivities that go along with the race such as fireworks, driver Q & A, and autograph sessions. Event times vary.
National Children's Hospital 200 Come witness what is to be the pinnacle of racing at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. There is excitement, autographs, and fireworks in store for all attendees. Event times vary.
Cardinal Classic Trap shooters head out to the Cardinal shooting center for this action packed tournament. Times vary.
Quarter Horse Congress Show Come see the World's Largest Single-Breed Horse Show when you visit the Columbus area. Event times vary per day.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean