BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North
888 E Dublin-Granville Road, Columbus, OH 43229-2416
Phone: 614/888-8230 | Fax: 614/888-8223 | 180 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Hotels in Columbus are renowned for hospitality, but the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North sets the bar high and treats each guest like a VIP.
Stay close to Ohio State University at a hotel whose brand and reputation you trust. The most competitive rates in the city can be found here, even during peak season such as graduation and homecoming. Rest easy with pillow-top mattresses and updated amenities that provide a touch of luxury for any trip. From vacationers to business travelers, comfort is key in making the most of your trip. The right Columbus hotels prioritize guests and ensure that from check in to check out, you have everything you need.
An ideal location has guests close to the Nationwide Arena and OSU Stadium. Stay at this Columbus hotel for an easy commute to the big game or other special events. Being close to the campus means everything from lectures to festivals are just a few minutes away. A number of visiting professors, students, faculty, staff and their loved ones depend on this property for extended stays.
The Easton Towne Center is also nearby, and it’s the perfect place to indulge in shopping and dining. However, if you want something more exciting on the trip, head to the nearby Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. It’s a family-friendly outing that’s the perfect destination any time of year. Exploring the Columbus area means discovering favorite new shops, diners and attractions.
Prefer some local recommendations and referrals? Every member of the friendly staff is happy to oblige. Find out where the best nightclubs are, the best breakfast eateries, and where the locals spend their weekends. Guests are in for a real treat when staying at this Columbus hotel where they feel at home and hospitality is revered.
Reserve your upcoming stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North and enjoy affordable rates! Enjoy your stay.
The hotel indoor swimming pool and sports club will be closed for renovation starting June 5, 2015. At this time we don’t know when it will be re-opened we are apologize for the inconvenience.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- Restaurant on-site
- Indoor pool, heated Jr. Olympic size
- Outdoor pool seasonal
- Fully equipped sports club
- 24-hour front desk
- Cocktail lounge
- Safe deposit box
- Guest laundry each machine is $1.00
- Truck/RV parking
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities 5 separate rooms available
- Banquet facilities 5 separate rooms available
- High-speed Internet access
- Interior corridor
- Steam room steam room / sauna in sports club
- Hot tub, in sports club
- Exercise facility Open from 5:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. cybex equipment, free weights, sauna, hot tub, elliptical, and treadmills
- Weight lifting equipment
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper
- Sports trainer
- Stationary bike
- Locker room
- Laundromat $1.00 per load / washer and dryer
- Late check out upon request
- Game room video games
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., free
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Computer modem hookups
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Conference facilities 5 separate rooms available
- Ballroom 1 large rooms holds up to 250 people banquet style
- Jogging track
- Hearing impaired services TDD phone system for in room
- Physically challenged facilities some rooms have grab bars, roll in showers
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible handicap accessible only elevator
- Discounted price on hot breafkast for hotel guests, nominal fee
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus columbus north in Columbus.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North
Conveniently located, the best western plus columbus north in Columbus, Ohio is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 40.088315 / Latitude: -82.995605
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Cleveland. Take Interstate 71 South to Exit 117(SR 161). Turn right off the exit and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North is two blocks on the right.
From: Cincinnati. Take Interstate 71 North to Exit 117(SR 161). Turn left off the exit and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North is two blocks on the right.
From: Cambridge. Take Interstate 70 West to Interstate 71 North to Exit 117 (SR 161). Turn left off the exit and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North is two blocks on the right.
From: Dayton. Take Interstate 70 East to Interstate 71 North to Exit 117 (SR 161). Turn left off the exit and the BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North is two blocks on the right.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Constructed in 1993, the Greater Columbus Convention Center is located in central Ohio in the heart of Columbus near the Uptown District. The facility was designed by contest winner Peter Eisenman in 1989, going under construction shortly after.
The one million square foot facility is complete with almost 500,000 square feet of exhibit space, two ballrooms, and 61 meeting rooms. Showcasing its versatility, the convention center hosts a variety of events, like the Arnold Sports Festival, the Columbus International Auto Show, and more.
First established in 1878, the Columbus Museum of Art is a major fixture of downtown Columbus, and even central Ohio. The museum features artwork by familiar names like Picasso, Degas, Mary Cassatt ,and Norman Rockwell – even some Dale Chihuly's glass sculptures made recognizable by the Franklin Park Conservatory.
Kids enjoy the Eye Spy: Adventures in Art – an interactive and educational exhibit – while hungry ones may visit the Palette Express in the Broad Street lobby. Take advantage of cell phone and group tours – while the bold may try an Experimental Tour.
Columbus Zoo & Aquarium
An adventure on 580 acres, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is home to more than 9,000 animals spread across nearly 800 species.
Open since 1905, the Columbus Zoo also features Wild Encounter tours, Wildlights tours, and even Jack Hanna's Jungle – home to the famed animal guests from well-known talk shows.
Named the "#1 Science Center For Families in the U.S." by Parents Magazine, the Center of Science and Industry is located on the bank of the Scioto River in downtown Columbus, Ohio. Known affectionately as COSI, the Center features over 300 interactive exhibits in areas following themes such as Energy, the Ocean, Space, and Gadgets.
Families traveling with young children can let them loose in the Little Kidspace, while visitors of all ages get a thrill from exhibits like the outdoor Big Science Park, as well as Lily Pad. COSI’s ample exhibition space makes it an ideal host for traveling exhibitions – past favorites have included “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition” and “Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination”.
Largely considered central Ohio’s premier entertainment venue, the Franklin Country Veterans Memorial Center is home to trade shows, ceremonies, and competitions in Columbus and Pickerington in central Ohio. Guests are encouraged to visit the onsite Veterans Memorial dedicated to the U.S. men and women of the armed forces.
Some major events hosted by the venue include the Columbus Golf Show, Card Kingdom, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration, and much, much more. Every event is fully catered with concessions for formal or casual functions.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Franklin Park Conservatory has been a staple of Columbus and central Ohio since it was built in 1895. Open daily, the Franklin Park Conservatory features horticulture exhibits, over 400 plant species, and artwork throughout by the famed Dale Chihuly.
Pay a visit to the Palm House – enclosing more than 40 palm species – or stroll though a chunk of the 90-acre park and botanical garden surrounding the conservatory. If you're hungry, be sure and pay a visit to the Garden Café.
Seating more than 20,000 soccer fans, the Mapfre Stadium is known as the first soccer specific stadium in the country.
First opened in 1999, the stadium encompasses a 115 by 75-yard field – a perfect spot for not only soccer, but also concerts and the Ohio State Fair.
Other big-named events held at Mapfre include the Major League Soccre All-Star Game and the annual Rock on the Range concert.
Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum
Established in 1990, the Motorcycle Hall of Fame and Museum is located east of Columbus in central Ohio.
The museum is dedicated to the history of motorcycling and to those who have contributed to its storied existence in America.
On display visitors will view a large collection of classic motorcycles and historic motorcycle gear – as well as related memorabilia that further represents the history of motorcycling.
Events like Vintage Motorcycle Days, Legends Weekend, and Breakfast at Daytona are also a large part of the museum’s attractions.
Owned by the Franklin County Convention Facilities Authority and operated by Columbus Arena Management, the facility primarily serves as the home ice of the NHL Columbus Blue Jackets.
Apart from NHL games, the arena hosts youth hockey games and open skating sessions in its smaller ice rink, the OhioHealth IceHaus.
The facility’s ample seating makes it the go-to venue for big-name concerts. Past headliners have included Kanye West, Justin Timberlake, and Elton John.
Considered America’s longest running rock club, the Newport Music Hall is a 2,000 capacity music venue conveniently located in central Ohio outside of Pickerington. The hall was originally converted into a music venue in 1984 and much of the original décor is still intact.
Many famous acts have performed on the historic stage – Neil Young played the venue's inaugural show in 1984. Still very active, concerts and events are consistently being hosted at the music hall managed by Promowest.
Called “the finest museum in America devoted to pre-European history” by the Smithsonian Guide to Historic America, the Ohio History Center is located in Columbus, Ohio. The Center serves as the headquarters of the Ohio Historical Society, whose goal is to interpret, preserve, and provide knowledge about the history and prehistory of Ohio.
Ohio Village is a reconstructed Civil War-era town, which serves as a living history museum and hosts special events throughout the year. Other popular permanent installations include the Nature of Ohio, featuring the skeleton of the mighty Conway Mastodon.
One of the largest state fairs in the country, the Ohio State Fair takes place each year at the Ohio Expo Center in Columbus, Ohio. Each year’s fair is full of staples like a giant ferris wheel and a midway full of food and games, and past special attractions have included Ohio Farm Bureau Land & Living Exhibit as well as Sea Lion Splash.
True to state fair form, the Ohio State Fair hosts livestock competitions, as well as other contests such as the 4-H Spelling Bee and the Homebrewed Beer competition. State fair fun always means big-name concerts, and past Ohio State Fair headliners have included Martina McBride and REO Speedwagon.
Ohio State University
A popular public research university, this Ohio university plays host to over 60,000 enrolled students.
Home to the Ohio State Buckeyes of the legendary Big 10 Conference, OSU encourages visitors to check out a game at Ohio Stadium.
Better yet, take advantage of campus group tours or self-guided walking tours, viewing landmarks found on the National Register of Historic Places.
Ohio’s second busiest airport, Port Columbus International Airport (CMH) serves the city of Columbus and other communities in central Ohio. A public airport, CMH is operated by the Columbus Regional Airport Authority.
Covering 2,185 acres, CMH features three airport terminals, 44 gates, and two runways. Central Ohio’s largest passenger airport, CHM offers service through major airlines like American, Frontier, Delta, Southwest, United, and US Airways.
Located at the confluence of the Licking and Muskingum Rivers, the Y-Bridge has been in place since 1814. Located in Zanesville, this historic attraction has become a staple for central Ohio tourism since 1984, when its current form was erected.
The bridge is currently in its fifth rendition after previous versions were replaced or reconstructed completely. The bridge is featured on the National Register of Historic Places list where Historic Preservation authorities overlook the preservation of the site.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 5.00 mile(s) from Magic Mountain, Polaris
- 6.00 mile(s) from Crew Stadium, home of the Columbus Crew
- 6.00 mile(s) from Ohio State Fairgrounds
- 7.00 mile(s) from the Chiller at Easton, ice rink
- 8.00 mile(s) from Columbus Zoo
- 10.00 mile(s) from Game Works
- 10.00 mile(s) from downtown Columbus
- 11.00 mile(s) from Zoombezi Bay, waterpark next to Columbus Zoo
- 11.00 mile(s) from Columbus Convention Center
- 11.00 mile(s) from the Santa Maria, authentic museum, quality replica
- 11.00 mile(s) from Olentangy Indian Caverns
- 13.00 mile(s) from Cooper Stadium, home of the Columbus Clippers
- 14.00 mile(s) from Chiller at Dublin, ice rink
- 17.00 mile(s) from Beulah Park
- 19.00 mile(s) from Scioto Downs
- 20.00 mile(s) from Magic Mountain Family Fun
- 20.00 mile(s) from Rickenbacker Air Force Base
- 79.00 mile(s) from Longaberger Basket Factory
- 83.00 mile(s) from the Wilds, North America's largest endangered species animal preserve
- 4.00 mile(s) from Polaris Fashion Place Mall
- 10.00 mile(s) from Easton Towne Center
- 12.00 mile(s) from Tuttle Crossing Mall
- 17.00 mile(s) from City Center Mall
- 20.00 mile(s) from Eastland Mall
- 20.00 mile(s) from JC Penny's Outlet Mall
- 52.00 mile(s) from Outlet Malls in Jefferson
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 1.00 mile(s) from Worthington
- 10.00 mile(s) from downtown Columbus
- 12.00 mile(s) from Dublin
- 12.00 mile(s) from Gahanna
- 13.00 mile(s) from New Albany
- 15.00 mile(s) from White Hall
- 16.00 mile(s) from Reynoldsburg
- 18.00 mile(s) from Hilliard
- 20.00 mile(s) from Pickerington
- 8.00 mile(s) from Ohio State University, located approximately 15 minutes away
- 9 mile(s) from Columbus State College, local college
- 11 mile(s) from Ohio Dominican University, local university
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 4.00 mile(s) from Minerva Lake Golf Course
- 4.00 mile(s) from Brookside Country Club
- 10.00 mile(s) from Nationwide Arena
- 6.00 mile(s) from Champions of Columbus Golf Course
- 9.00 mile(s) from Schottenstein's Arena, concerts, basket ball tournaments and more
- 11.00 mile(s) from Wedgewood Country Club
- 15.00 mile(s) from Muirfield Golf Course, home of the Memorial Tournament
- Thai Lagoon, on premises, full service, Thai, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Monday - not open. Tues,Wed,Thurs - serving regular ala carte menu. Fri,Sat,Sun - serving buffet breakfast for a nominal fee of $4.99. Prices vary for the ala carte selection. Thai Lagoon serves original Thai cuisines.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Bob Evans®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- 0.50 mile(s) from Waffle House®, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner. 24-hour
- 0.50 mile(s) from Otani, full service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner. Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Red Lobster®, full service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Columbus North
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Columbus. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 All Horse Parade
Kick-off the Delaware County Fair with a parade through downtown Delaware. The park will feature only horses – including carriages, wagons, and many more vintage types of transportation being pulled by horses. The parade begins at 3 p.m.
2015 Ohio State Buckeye Football
Join the OSU Buckeyes faithful as they cheer on "THE" Ohio State at Ohio Stadium. The Buckeyes will take on Big 10 foes like Penn State, Minnesota, and Michigan State as a part of their seven home games this season.
2015 Harvest Fair
A family-friendly event held at the Columbus Commons featuring pumpkin decorating, games, inflatables, and more. The event beings at 3 p.m.
16th Annual Halloween Pet Parade
Four-legged ghouls, goblins, and ghosts line the streets of downtown Columbus for this adorable pet parade. Awards will be given out, too. The parade begins at noon.
2015 Columbus International Festival
Experience the world's cultures, all conveniently located in the Ohio Expo Center. Check out more than 200 booths representing 75 different cultures. The event begins at 10 a.m.
2015 The Civil War & Ohio
Historic Fort Steuben will have exhibits and programs celebrating the 150-year anniversary of Ohio's involvement in the Civil War. Event times can vary, but generally run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2015 American Recycles Day Eco-Art Show
A unique art show to say the least, this event will feature plenty of works of art made completely from recycled materials and goods. The event will feature cocktails and hors d' oeuvres at the Marion Palace Theatre in Marion.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean