Best Western Port Columbus
1450 Airpointe Drive, Columbus, OH 43219-1501
Phone: +1 614-337-8400 | Fax: 614/337-8401 | 87 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:59 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Select this affordable Columbus hotel and enjoy its' many amenities and helpful staff. Conveniently located near Easton Towne Center, Ohio Expo Center and the Arena District.
The Best Western Port Columbus is located near the John Glenn Columbus International Airport. You'll be ensured an efficient trip with so many of the area's corporate offices close by. Ohio Transmission, Fed-Ex®, Trane®, L Brands, JP Morgan Chase Bank, Alliance Data®, Ross Labs and more are all within a few minutes.
Coming and going will only take a short trip with John Glenn Columbus International Airport only three miles away. Those visiting students and faculty in the area will delight in the fact that Ohio Dominican University, Ohio State University, Capital University and Columbus State are all less than 15 miles away. Also nearby are several area hospitals including OSU, MT. Carmel and Chalmers P. Wylie VA Ambulatory Care Center.
Looking to get out and explore the area? Easton Towne Center, COSI Science Center, Ohio Theater and Columbus Zoo and Aquarium are near this Columbus hotel. Sports enthusiasts will enjoy visiting Nationwide® Arena, Schottenstein® Center, Columbus Crew Stadium and Ohio Stadium. If you're in town for it, the Ohio State Fair is just six miles away.
Downtown Columbus is just six miles away. You'll also have easy access to Columbus Convention Center.
You'll feel like you never left home when staying at this Columbus, OH hotel. The spotless and well-appointed rooms all offer cable television; free high-speed Internet access, a single serve coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator a desk and much more. Get the perfect fuel for each day with a complimentary hot breakfast.
Relax and play after a day of sightseeing or work at the indoor pool. Enjoy the convenience of having access to a business center, a 24-hour exercise facility, meeting facilities and free parking.
Hotel will charge a $250 fee for smoking in a non-smoking room.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Indoor pool
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, Choice of breads, Cereal, Fruit, Yogurt, Hot eggs, Hot breakfast meat, Other hot items, Juice, Coffee
- Exercise facilities 24 Hour
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy machine
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Meeting facilities
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Physically challenged services
- Hearing impaired services
- Physically challenged facilities
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Airport car 4:30 a.m. to 12:00 a.m
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Interior corridor
- Guest laundry, nominal fee
- Children's activities Board Games
- Cable television
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access; All guest rooms are hardwired for Internet access
- Fax services
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Free parking
- Free high-speed Internet access
- Complimentary USA today at front desk
- Barbeque grills for guests
Best Western Port Columbus
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western port columbus in Columbus.
Best Western Port Columbus
Conveniently located, the best western port columbus in Columbus, Ohio is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 40.000875 / Latitude: -82.928355
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Port Columbus Airport. Follow International Gateway to Interstate 670 West. Columbus-Cassady Avenue. Merge onto Cassady Avenue. Turn right at light. The Best Western Port Columbus is at first right turn.
From: The east. Take Interstate 70 West to Interstate 270 North-Cleveland. Proceed to Interstate 670 West to Exit 9 - Cassady Avenue. Turn right on Cassady and right on Airpointe Drive to the Best Western Port Columbus.
From: The west. Take Interstate 70 East to Interstate 670 East-Airport-Stelzer-Johnstown Road Exit off Johnstown ramp. Turn right onto Johnstown Road. At light, turn right onto Cassady Avenue and right onto Airpointe Drive to the Best Western Port Columbus.
Best Western Port Columbus
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Constructed in 1993, the Greater Columbus Convention Center is located in central Ohio in the heart of Columbus near the Uptown District. The facility was designed by contest winner Peter Eisenman in 1989, going under construction shortly after.
The one million square foot facility is complete with almost 500,000 square feet of exhibit space, two ballrooms, and 61 meeting rooms. Showcasing its versatility, the convention center hosts a variety of events, like the Arnold Sports Festival, the Columbus International Auto Show, and more.
First established in 1878, the Columbus Museum of Art is a major fixture of downtown Columbus, and even central Ohio. The museum features artwork by familiar names like Picasso, Degas, Mary Cassatt ,and Norman Rockwell – even some Dale Chihuly's glass sculptures made recognizable by the Franklin Park Conservatory.
Kids enjoy the Eye Spy: Adventures in Art – an interactive and educational exhibit – while hungry ones may visit the Palette Express in the Broad Street lobby. Take advantage of cell phone and group tours – while the bold may try an Experimental Tour.
Columbus Zoo & Aquarium
An adventure on 580 acres, the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is home to more than 9,000 animals spread across nearly 800 species.
Open since 1905, the Columbus Zoo also features Wild Encounter tours, Wildlights tours, and even Jack Hanna's Jungle – home to the famed animal guests from well-known talk shows.
Named the "#1 Science Center For Families in the U.S." by Parents Magazine, the Center of Science and Industry is located on the bank of the Scioto River in downtown Columbus, Ohio. Known affectionately as COSI, the Center features over 300 interactive exhibits in areas following themes such as Energy, the Ocean, Space, and Gadgets.
Families traveling with young children can let them loose in the Little Kidspace, while visitors of all ages get a thrill from exhibits like the outdoor Big Science Park, as well as Lily Pad. COSI’s ample exhibition space makes it an ideal host for traveling exhibitions – past favorites have included “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition” and “Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination”.
Largely considered central Ohio’s premier entertainment venue, the Franklin Country Veterans Memorial Center is home to trade shows, ceremonies, and competitions in Columbus and Pickerington in central Ohio. Guests are encouraged to visit the onsite Veterans Memorial dedicated to the U.S. men and women of the armed forces.
Some major events hosted by the venue include the Columbus Golf Show, Card Kingdom, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration, and much, much more. Every event is fully catered with concessions for formal or casual functions.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Franklin Park Conservatory has been a staple of Columbus and central Ohio since it was built in 1895. Open daily, the Franklin Park Conservatory features horticulture exhibits, over 400 plant species, and artwork throughout by the famed Dale Chihuly.
Pay a visit to the Palm House – enclosing more than 40 palm species – or stroll though a chunk of the 90-acre park and botanical garden surrounding the conservatory. If you're hungry, be sure and pay a visit to the Garden Café.
Seating more than 20,000 soccer fans, the Mapfre Stadium is known as the first soccer specific stadium in the country.
First opened in 1999, the stadium encompasses a 115 by 75-yard field – a perfect spot for not only soccer, but also concerts and the Ohio State Fair.
Other big-named events held at Mapfre include the Major League Soccre All-Star Game and the annual Rock on the Range concert.
Motorcycle Hall of Fame Museum
Established in 1990, the Motorcycle Hall of Fame and Museum is located east of Columbus in central Ohio.
The museum is dedicated to the history of motorcycling and to those who have contributed to its storied existence in America.
On display visitors will view a large collection of classic motorcycles and historic motorcycle gear – as well as related memorabilia that further represents the history of motorcycling.
Events like Vintage Motorcycle Days, Legends Weekend, and Breakfast at Daytona are also a large part of the museum’s attractions.
Owned by the Franklin County Convention Facilities Authority and operated by Columbus Arena Management, the facility primarily serves as the home ice of the NHL Columbus Blue Jackets.
Apart from NHL games, the arena hosts youth hockey games and open skating sessions in its smaller ice rink, the OhioHealth IceHaus.
The facility’s ample seating makes it the go-to venue for big-name concerts. Past headliners have included Kanye West, Justin Timberlake, and Elton John.
Considered America’s longest running rock club, the Newport Music Hall is a 2,000 capacity music venue conveniently located in central Ohio outside of Pickerington. The hall was originally converted into a music venue in 1984 and much of the original décor is still intact.
Many famous acts have performed on the historic stage – Neil Young played the venue's inaugural show in 1984. Still very active, concerts and events are consistently being hosted at the music hall managed by Promowest.
Called “the finest museum in America devoted to pre-European history” by the Smithsonian Guide to Historic America, the Ohio History Center is located in Columbus, Ohio. The Center serves as the headquarters of the Ohio Historical Society, whose goal is to interpret, preserve, and provide knowledge about the history and prehistory of Ohio.
Ohio Village is a reconstructed Civil War-era town, which serves as a living history museum and hosts special events throughout the year. Other popular permanent installations include the Nature of Ohio, featuring the skeleton of the mighty Conway Mastodon.
One of the largest state fairs in the country, the Ohio State Fair takes place each year at the Ohio Expo Center in Columbus, Ohio. Each year’s fair is full of staples like a giant ferris wheel and a midway full of food and games, and past special attractions have included Ohio Farm Bureau Land & Living Exhibit as well as Sea Lion Splash.
True to state fair form, the Ohio State Fair hosts livestock competitions, as well as other contests such as the 4-H Spelling Bee and the Homebrewed Beer competition. State fair fun always means big-name concerts, and past Ohio State Fair headliners have included Martina McBride and REO Speedwagon.
Ohio State University
A popular public research university, this Ohio university plays host to over 60,000 enrolled students.
Home to the Ohio State Buckeyes of the legendary Big 10 Conference, OSU encourages visitors to check out a game at Ohio Stadium.
Better yet, take advantage of campus group tours or self-guided walking tours, viewing landmarks found on the National Register of Historic Places.
Ohio’s second busiest airport, Port Columbus International Airport (CMH) serves the city of Columbus and other communities in central Ohio. A public airport, CMH is operated by the Columbus Regional Airport Authority.
Covering 2,185 acres, CMH features three airport terminals, 44 gates, and two runways. Central Ohio’s largest passenger airport, CHM offers service through major airlines like American, Frontier, Delta, Southwest, United, and US Airways.
Located at the confluence of the Licking and Muskingum Rivers, the Y-Bridge has been in place since 1814. Located in Zanesville, this historic attraction has become a staple for central Ohio tourism since 1984, when its current form was erected.
The bridge is currently in its fifth rendition after previous versions were replaced or reconstructed completely. The bridge is featured on the National Register of Historic Places list where Historic Preservation authorities overlook the preservation of the site.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 3.00 mile(s) from Defense Supply Center
- 5.00 mile(s) from Easton Towne Center, Shopping disctrict with many unique shops and restaurants to choose from.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Nationwide Arena, home of the Columbus Blue Jackets
- 6.00 mile(s) from downtown Columbus
- 6.00 mile(s) from Columbus Convention Cente, downtown Columbus
- 7.00 mile(s) from COSI Science Center
- 8.00 mile(s) from Ohio Theater
- 10.00 mile(s) from Schottenstein Center, home of the Ohio State Buckeye basketball teams and hockey Teams
- 10.00 mile(s) from Mapfre Stadium, home of major league soccer team Columbus Crew
- 12.00 mile(s) from Ohio Stadium, home of the Ohio State Buckeyes
- 12.00 mile(s) from Ohio State Fair Grounds, home of the Ohio State Fair
- 25.00 mile(s) from Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
- 10.00 mile(s) from Eastland Mall
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Indoor pool
- 3.00 mile(s) from Airport Golf Course
- 5.00 mile(s) from Chiller At Easton
- 25.00 mile(s) from Columbus Zoo
- 25.00 mile(s) from Wyandot Lake
- 25.00 mile(s) from Mueirfield Golf Course
- Adjacent to Wendy's, Fast Food, open for: lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Waffle House, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 0.10 mile(s) from Subway, Fast Food, open for: lunch, dinner
- 0.50 mile(s) from McDonalds, Fast Food, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Damon's, Full Service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Bob Evans, Full Service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from City Barbeque, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Abuelo's Mexican Food, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Arena Sports Bar & Grill, Pub, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from BD'S Mongolian Barbeque, Full Service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Brio Tuscan Grille, Full Service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Cafe Bistro, Full Service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Fado, Pub, open for: lunch, dinner, Irish Pub
- 5.00 mile(s) from Cafe Istanbul Mediterranean, Mediterranean, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Cheesecake Factory, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Graeter's, Ice Cream/Dessert, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Hamma Japanese Restaurant, Full Service, Japanese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Mitchell's Ocean Club, Full Service, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from PF Chang's China Bistro, Full Service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Smith & Wollensky, Steakhouse, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Starbucks Cafe, Coffee Shop, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Funny Bone Comedy Club, Bar/Lounge, American, open for: dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from McCormick & Schmick's, Seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 5.00 mile(s) from Panera Bread, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 8.00 mile(s) from Home Town Buffet, Buffet, American, open for: lunch, dinner
Best Western Port Columbus
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Columbus. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean