BEST WESTERN Wapakoneta Inn
1008 Lunar Drive, Wapakoneta, OH 45895-9797
Phone: 419/738-2050 | Fax: 419/738-2050 | 54 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Discover this newly renovated hotel in Wapakoneta, Ohio just south of Lima and near the Armstrong Air & Space Museum. Free breakfast and internet!
The BEST WESTERN Wapakoneta Inn prides itself on friendly customer service, great amenities and comfortable accommodations to every guest traveling along I-75. Hotel guests will find easy access to a variety of area attractions and businesses in the Lima and Wapakoneta area. The hotel is also near the Armstrong Air & Space Museum, Grand Lake-St. Mary's State Park, Eldora Speedway and the Indian Lake State Park. Nearby corporate locations include Honda of America, Ametek Westchester Plastics, Airstream and IDI Ingredients.
Each newly remodeled room at the Wapakoneta Inn features cable television with HBO®, free high-speed Internet access, two-line phone and a refrigerator. A complimentary full, hot breakfast featuring premium coffee, scrambled eggs, cheese omelets and more is offered daily. Other popular hotel amenities include an indoor heated swimming pool, exercise facility and business center.
Experience all the great amenities and services the BEST WESTERN Wapakoneta Inn offers -- make a reservation today.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, includes omelet or scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles
- Indoor pool, heated
- Hot tub
- Exercise facility, open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late checkout not guaranteed, based on availability.
- Cable or satellite television over 70 channels including HBO®, ESPN®
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Physically challenged services portable shower benches, commode seat riser
- Hearing impaired services TDD phones, visual door knocker
- Physically challenged facilities all rooms have grab bars, 2 rooms with roll-in showers, 2 rooms with bath tub benches
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN Wapakoneta Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western wapakoneta inn in Wapakoneta.
BEST WESTERN Wapakoneta Inn
Conveniently located, the best western wapakoneta inn in Wapakoneta, Ohio is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 40.560275 / Latitude: -84.171515
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Take Interstate 75 to Exit 111, turn right, go to first stop light and turn left. The BEST WESTERN Wapakoneta Inn is located on your right.
From: The south. Take Interstate 75 to Exit 111, turn left, go to first stop light and turn left. The BEST WESTERN Wapakoneta Inn is located on your right.
From: The east. Take US 33 to Wapak-Fisher Rd., turn right, go to first stop light and turn left. The BEST WESTERN Wapakoneta Inn is located on your right.
From: The west. Take US 33 to Interstate 75 North. Stay in right lane and immediately take Exit 111, turn left, go to first stop light and turn left. The BEST WESTERN Wapakoneta Inn is located on your right.
BEST WESTERN Wapakoneta Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Named after historic astronaut Neil Armstrong, the Armstrong Air and Space Museum is located in Wapakoneta in central Ohio – which happens to be Armstrong’s hometown. The museum opened its doors three years after the moon landing and is dedicated to Ohio’s contributions to the history of space flight.
The museum is operated by the Ohio Historical Society and houses many rare and critical artifacts to space’s exploration. Included in the exhibits are the Gemini VIII spacecraft and the airplane that Armstrong learned to fly with.
Made into a national a shrine by U.S. Congress, Our Lady of Consolation is one of two basilicas in Ohio. The shrine is located in central Ohio near Wapakoneta and is the site of the annual pilgrimage of Roman Catholics to mark the Feast of the Assumption of Mary.
The complex has multiple properties that represent the historic nature of the shrine – perhaps most impressive is the original wooden church built in 1875 that is still in use. The basilica and nearby shrine park are a must-see for any fan of ancient stone and European style architecture.
Home to one of the largest collections of bicycles in the world, the Bicycle Museum of America is located just outside of Wapakoneta in central Ohio. Bicycles on exhibit include elegant and classis styles from the 19th century – as well as more modern styles from the 1960s and beyond.
The bicycles seen at the museum are on rotation – new bicycles are on display all the time giving the museum a “new” sensability after every visit. The museum has over 1000 bicycle onsite - with over 300 on display at a time.
Also known as the Big E, the Eldora Speedway is a half-mile raceway in central Ohio. The 20,000 capacity venue hosts a plethora of races yearly including The Kings Royal, The Dirt Model Dream, Chevrolet American Revolution Week, and many more
Perhaps the most recognized of the events is the World 100 – an annual event that hosts over 200 dirt late-model racers every weekend following Labor Day near Wapakoneta. Other notable events include the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and the Silver Crown.
Originally constructed as a feeder reservoir, Grand Lake St. Mary’s state park was once the world’s largest man-made reservoir. Although man-made, the 13,500-acre lake is naturally a perfect stop for those who enjoy water-related activities.
Boating, swimming, camping, and fishing are all a large part of what makes the lake an attractive destination for central Ohio. Near Wapakoneta, travelers come from all-over to partake in the year-round fishing. The 52-mile shoreline is also ideal for camping and hiking as well.
Originally chartered in 1840, tourists traversing downtown Wapakoneta are met with a multitude of historic features and pleasantries. Among them is the historic architecture downtown – buildings dating back to the town’s origins are viewable to the public while on a Wapakoneta Walking Tour.
Visitors of central Ohio are encouraged to explore the downtown district for the variety of shops and boutiques in the area. A wide variety of events take place in the district as well – often more than one per day.
Originally created as a feeder canal, Lake Loramie is a beautiful, central Ohioan 1,655-acre lake that provides visitors with an assortment of water-related activities – swimming, boating, and shoreline hiking are just a few of the opportunities presented by Lake Loramie.
Conveniently located near Wapakoneta, the park provides nearby outdoor events – the Fishing Derby, Family Fun Fling, and seasonal events like Christmas in July create a fun environment for the whole family year round.
Open for business since 1998, the Niekamp farm and Flea Market offers a vast variety of products and services that are sure to meet anybody’s needs. Located in central Ohio just outside of Wapakoneta, the 55,000 square foot facility specializes in the sale of items including golf carts, food items, furniture, décor, collectibles, and even boats.
The flea market also hosts events such as the World’s Longest Yard Sale - upcoming in August of this year. Participants are encouraged to bring all kinds of used goods and set up a “yard sale”, stretching almost 700 hundred miles across multiple states.
Officially the largest Cave system in Ohio, the Ohio Caverns were discovered in 1897 by a local farmhand. The beautiful snow cavern is located near Wapakoneta and has since become a mainstay for tourism central Ohio.
Guests are invited to take a tour of the mile-long caves where they can view natural crystal formations dating back over a hundred years – attractions include the Crystal Sea and Natural Bridge. Outside of the cavern consists of amenities such as a gift shop, dining hall, and playground.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.10 mile(s) from Armstrong Air & Space Musuem
- 21.00 mile(s) from Bicycle Museum of America
- 17.00 mile(s) from Airstream Factory Tours
- 40.00 mile(s) from Eldora Speedway, owned by NASCAR® driver Tony Stewart
- 26.00 mile(s) from National Marian Shrine
- 30.00 mile(s) from Piatt Castles
- 36.00 mile(s) from Niekamp Farm & Flea Market
- 43.00 mile(s) from Fort Recovery State Museum, built in 1938
- .50 mile(s) from Walmart®
- 1.50 mile(s) from Antiques Shopping, Wapakoneta antique and specialty shops - downtown Wapakoneta
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 15.30 mile(s) from Lima
- 22.30 mile(s) from Celina
- 21.20 mile(s) from Sidney
- 58.00 mile(s) from Dayton
- 86.00 mile(s) from Columbus
- .01 mile(s) from Koneta Rubber
- .01 mile(s) from Praxair
- 1.00 mile(s) from Ametek Westchester Plastics
- 2.00 mile(s) from GA Wintzer & Son, main office located in downtown Wapakoneta.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Apex Bag Company
- 2.00 mile(s) from Fenix Wire
- 2.00 mile(s) from Com Net, Inc
- 3.00 mile(s) from Kyocera
- 3.00 mile(s) from IDI Ingredients
- 3.00 mile(s) from General Aluminum
- 3.00 mile(s) from American Trim
- 10.00 mile(s) from Setex
- 11.00 mile(s) from AAP St. Marys Corporation
- 11.00 mile(s) from Grand Lake Health System, Joint Township District Memorial Hospital
- 12.00 mile(s) from General Dynamics Land Systems
- 12.00 mile(s) from Pro-Pet LLC
- 15.00 mile(s) from Honda - Anna Engine Plant
- 15.00 mile(s) from Plastipak Packaging
- 16.00 mile(s) from Airstream
- 18.00 mile(s) from Procter & Gamble Company
- 20.00 mile(s) from Crown Equipment
- 20.00 mile(s) from Ford Motor Company
- 20.00 mile(s) from Honda - Russels Point
- 24.00 mile(s) from Minster Machine Co.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Wright University - Lake Campus
- 20.00 mile(s) from Ohio State University - Lima
- 20.00 mile(s) from Rhodes State College
- 20.00 mile(s) from University of Northwestern Ohio
- 30.00 mile(s) from Ohio Northern University
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 15.00 mile(s) from Grand Lake St. Marys, for boating, fishing, skiing, trails
- 20.00 mile(s) from Indian Lake State Park, for boating, fishing, skiing, trails
- 23.00 mile(s) from Lake Loramie, for boating, fishing, skiing, trails
BEST WESTERN Wapakoneta Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Wapakoneta. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Jazz and Rib Festival
Celebrate summer with hot ribs and cool jazz in downtown Columbus at Long Street.
Franklin County Fair
The Franklin County Fairgrounds in Hilliard near Columbus offer all the family-friendly activities fair-goers are familiar with.
2015 Ohio State Fair
Over a week of family-friendly attractions land at the Ohio Expo Center in Columbus, including live entertainment, carnival rides, animal shows, and so much more. The event begins at 9 a.m. daily.
29th Annual Cambridge Classic Cruise-In
This annual event has been recognized as one of the best classic cars by Cruisin Times Magazine, and is set to host over 200 vehicles spanning the last 100 years. The event is held along Wheeling Avenue is historic downtown Cambridge.
2015 Y Bridge Arts Festival
An art festival unlike any other – this festival is held on the historic Y Bridge in Zanesville, featuring over 200 artists, craft vendors, live music and performance, kids' activities, and more. The event begins at 6 p.m. Friday and 11 a.m. Saturday.
2015 All Horse Parade
Kick-off the Delaware County Fair with a parade through downtown Delaware. The park will feature only horses – including carriages, wagons, and many more vintage types of transportation being pulled by horses. The parade begins at 3 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean